Nebraska Polio Survivors Association meetings are held the first Sunday of the month from March through November. We do not meet in December, January or February.
Except for the annual reunion in October, the meetings are held from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. at the Community Room of the Bloomfield Forum, 9804 Nicholas Street in Omaha, Nebraska.
Each meeting has a speaker or special topic for part of the time, followed by refreshments and a social hour.
Speakers for 2017
- Nov 5: Volunteers Assisting Seniors Medicare Seminar
- Sept 11: Planning for Nancy Carter Celebration
- Aug 6:
- Jul 9: Annual Ice Cream Social
- May 7: Mary Bernier Inspired Giving
- Apr 2: We will watch the Emmy Award Documentary “A Paralyzing Fear” by Nina Gilden Seavey, narrated by Olympia Dukakis. And we will discuss the results of the informal survey of members in this area. This will allow us to make plans for our annual reunion in October.
- Mar 5: Vicky McHugh, a physical therapist with Key Physical Therapy, P.C., will be our featured speaker.
Speakers for 2016
- Nov 6: Our last meeting of 2016 this Sunday, November 6th. Our program topic will be Hypnotherapy for pain management. Jeanne Kocher, Hypnotist Practitioner, from Fremont Hypnosis (www.fremonthypnosis.com) will be our speaker.
- Sept 11:
- Aug 7: Gretchen Bren from Rotary International will be our August speaker this Sunday. This past year, she was a polio vaccination volunteer for Rotary, traveling to India, to Madagascar and back to Nigeria for her fifth time. In June, she attended the Rotary International convention in Seoul Korea.
- Jul 10: Annual Ice Cream Social
- May 1: Dr. Bruno’s Coffee Conversation (Part 2)
- Mar 6: Video of PA Conference
Speakers remaining for 2015
- July 12: Craig Howell of the Hunger Collaborative in Omaha and the 4th Annual Homemade Ice Cream Social
- August 2: Marjorie Farris (via Skype), Polio Survivor and Life-Long Learner, who recently earned her second Master’s degree weeks before her 78th birthday
- September: Reunion Planning
- October 4: Annual Reunion at The Thompson Center at UNO, with featured speaker Joan Headley of Polio Health International
- November: To be announced